Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Blessings to You!

singcand.gif

 Advent is a time to celebrate light in the midst of darkness.  It is a time to ponder the coming of our Lord.  Not only how he came long ago, but how he will come again.  I desire for this to be a season of focus on Immanuel, God with us.  I want to be especially aware of his presence, (rather than presents), this season.  I know that there are many out there this year who are looking at this Christmas season with new lenses.  God has given many people a new perspective.  He has, in his own sovereign way, turned tragedy into a wake-up call for much of America.  Let us not fail to allow God to continue to grow us in his holiness and righteousness in the coming days.  I feel especially blessed this year.  I pray that you will all feel blessed as well.

Shalom.


2 comments:

amy said...

I am excited about Christmas for the first time in a lot of years.

catd said...

You are on to something. As our family was trying to decide what to do this year gift-wise Daniel said, "Nicole and I dont' need anything. My gift is to spend as much time as I can with friends and family." Wow, what a cool kid. He must have had awesome parents! But seriously, I was so blessed by that. Of course we are still drawing names, exchanging gifts but the emphasis (and price limits) are way down. I told my spiritual director a few months ago that I hope God wasn't orchestrating the recession just to teach Brad and I how to simplify our lives :). Maybe he did it for all of us. It's amazing what we can live without and not feel deprived!
Love you as always