Friday, November 9, 2012

Patience

I am, once again, being taught lessons on patience, contentment, trust, and peace.  God uses little things, such as a job search, to impart more of his character in my life.  All I can do is fold my hands and wait patiently.  This is also what I do when I'm waiting to be called in to an interview - I sit with my hands folded and breath.  I pay attention to my breathing, I let go of tension, and I sit patiently.

This has been an intense and emotionally draining time, but it has also been an exhilarating and life-giving time for me.  I am learning more about myself as I work to listen quietly to that still small voice that speaks peace and patience to me.  And I sit, and I fold my hands, and I rest in who I know God is and how I know has a plan for me.  After all, it is all in his hands, not mine.

No comments: