Monday, July 22, 2013

Wandering....

I was just reading through some of my older blog posts.  On June 10, 2009 I wrote, "And - I was just recalling how fairly recently I felt like there was 'an exodus' coming. (I think I even declared so on facebook.) Not really sure what it meant, but I was very excited about it. I thought at the time it might mean an exodus from my dry 'desert' time, but now I'm thinking maybe it wasn't an exodus from the desert, but rather from Egypt into the desert. If I spend 40 years here I will truly die."  All I have to say today is... 4 years down, 36 to go.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Hi Kim! Nice to see something new here. Maybe not “new” in your eyes though, as the “same old” continues.

36 more years in the desert? I think not! Here would be my first thought (and I have a bunch!). What small things are slipping in and out of your life that are either unnoticed or devalued. “Do not despise these small beginnings, for the LORD rejoices to see the work begin” (Zec 4:10 NLT) Kind of like looking into the vast blue expanse of a sky on a dry hot day and seeing a small cloud...about the size of a man’s hand. No relief coming from that!...Easily dismissed. And you know the rest of that story.

There’s probably some more components to your story to sort through as well. Tap into others in your community. It will be difficult for you to sort through things with clear vision by yourselves.

Much love to you and Chris!
Mark