Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Here I am God. It's me, Kim.

So, I have joined the masses and now have my own blog.  Why, you ask.  I am currently reading Creating a Life Worth Living to try and figure out what in the blazes I am gonna do with my life.  It says that I should do something like this for 15 minutes a day to clear my mind, let thoughts flow, and listen to myself.  Doing a blog, or keeping a journal, also allows me to look back at what moronic blabber I spilled forth and try to make heads or tails of it all, find patterns, etc. to help me figure myself out.  I dunno.  It's an exercise for me.  It is also an exercise in letting go of perfectionism.  This 15 minutes a day exercise can not be ruled by perfectionism or it does not work.  It has to be free flowing.  So, you may enjoy some interesting (or not interesting) ramblings form my crazy brain as I maunder on and on here.  I may do some stream of consciousness writings, I may just talk about whatever topic is filling my brain at the moment I sit down in front of my computer.  It's a new adventure for me as I let the imagination flow like a river and take me where it will...

3 comments:

amy said...

I'm working on this perfectionism thing too. It's so hard for me to write and just let it be, without editing obsessively. I pick at myself.

I'm really glad you started this. Thanks for reminding me that journals aren't for perfection, but for learning.

Kim Becker said...

Unfortunately I allowed a few days to fine tune the blog before I shared it with others, and I found myself editing a lot so when I unveiled it to people it would be closer to perfect.
So I still have to learn how to do this without stressing about being 100% accurate or perfect...

amy said...

You did better than me! I haven't unveiled mine yet. I've told a couple of people, but haven't sent out an email or anything. You've got more guts than I do.