Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tell me what to do God....

I was writing to a friend just now and realized that I was just pouring out my thoughts and decided I could just post that here.  It is my dilemma for the day, week, month, year....

I graduate next semester with my BA in Art.  I could be done and go look for whatever lame job I can find here in Fresno.  Or I could do a masters program at CSUF.  That's affordable, but the Art program is really lame.  I could do a different program, but I haven't found one there that excites me.  What I really would do if money were no issue would be to go to seminary here in Fresno and do the Marriage, Family and Children Counseling MA program and get certified to be a therapist.  The program is I think like $25,000.  I could get some grants and scholarships but would probably rack up at least $20,000 in debt.  This is on top of the $20,000 I already have from stupid decisions and being poor and living on school loans years ago.  So if I'm going by logic I have to ask myself if the debt is really worth it.  I'm leaning toward yes.  I think my income would triple if I became a therapist vs. getting a job with my art degree.  BUT it's scary.  I want to buy a house someday and I don't want to live in debt forever.  So the thought of all that debt is overwhelming.  If I knew that God wanted me to do that, and would take care ot it for me, then I could walk into it without guilt.  I just don't hear anything right now.  No yes and no no.  I looked into the CSUF Psych or Counseling degrees, but the programs in the catalog are vague and confusing.  Plus I really want to go to seminary for the biblical study and application to the degree program.  I really want to counsel froma strong biblical perspective.  I would not get this at CSUF.  I would have to try to get that part on my own if I went there.

SO, it sounds like I know what I want to do.  I just need to know God is saying it's OK for me to do...

No comments: