Friday, July 25, 2008

I'm slipping


I was just staring at my daughter's closet for no apparent reason and realized, as I looked at all the pink shirts she has, that I am not as OCD as I used to be.  I must be slipping in my old age.  I used to organize my closet first by type of clothing (short sleeved shirts, long sleeved shirts, tank tops, dresses, skirts, etc.) and then also by color (blues, reds, whites, blacks, etc.).  Well I happen to know that right now as I type not only are my clothes all mixed up in the color category, but I also have a long sleeved shirt hung in the middle of my short sleeved shirts.  I know this because I hung it up last night before bed.  I had several short sleeved shirts and one long sleeved shirt and didn't feel like taking the time to put the one shirt with the other long sleeved shirts.  Perhaps because I know this, and care, I still am as OCD as ever.  I don't think so though because while I will probably eventually put that LS shirt with the others next time I look in my closet, I couldn't care less that the colors are all jumbled.  They can mingle.  It's OK.  I don't care.  Really.

No comments: