Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Holy Spirit Says Hello


So I went to Abundant Life Chapel with the Daniels family.  (I don't remember if this was 8th grade or 9th grade.)  Since Charlie was the worship leader we went early for worship team practice.  They had a band and a choir.  Shirley, Monica's mom, was an alto like me and Monica was a soprano.  They asked if I wanted to sing with them in the choir.  I was a little shocked, but said, "Sure!"  I sat next to Shirley and followed along with her strong and beautiful alto voice.  It was a lot of fun.  So we practiced and then put on robes and took our places on stage.  (I don't remember every detail, but this is how it went in general.)  So the service started and we sang a song or two and people were raising hands and singing out to God and swaying in the isles (all of which was not the norm in my MB church), then all of a sudden a woman sitting with the congregation stood up and spoke in tongues in a loud voice so everyone could hear.  I had never heard anything like it in my life.  It was odd and wonderful.  Then when she sat down, it was quiet for a minute.  Then someone else stood up and interpreted the word from the Lord.  I was amazed.  The words were loving and called to his children to come to him.  I was overwhelmed with the feeling of what I now know as the Holy Spirit filling me and swirling around me.  I was brought to tears.  I tried hard to continue to sing with the choir and hold back my emotion since I was in front of the whole congregation.  But I was completely overwhelmed by God.

I will continue sharing my journey next time.

No comments: